Secondary lead production (much of the secondary lead comes from lead batteries with the remainder coming from other sources such as lead pipe and sheet) has been adopted by most of the countries around the globe in view of conservation of natural resources and environmental concerns. Metenere over the years has developed core competency in recycling of lead to give the best value to our customers.
Metenere has a well established project engineering division, which has been founded on the experience gained in the execution of projects related to leading recycling processes at various locations over the last two decades. We have developed products for use of lead metal in automotives and power back-up etc.
Presently metenere has a core project engineering group operating from the head quarters at Delhi, which is composed of qualified and well experienced engineers from various disciplines like mechanical, refractory, civil & structural, piping, electrical & automation, package engineering apart from a very versatile group of process specialists. The group is equipped with the latest design tools and is capable of independently designing of various key equipment for the recycling processes like battery breaking & separation, smelting & refining of metals and separation & processing of scrap metal etc. The process group has developed expertise and can contribute effectively to commissioning of new plants and de-bottlenecking of existing plant and equipment. Many of the improvements in process and technology have been brought about by the experienced team of process engineers and it is an on-going process. The team also responds to the clients various demands regarding special requirements in the specification of finished goods.
The project engineering group is entrusted with the project engineering for procurement and construction keeping into consideration the best international engineering practices not only for the plant and machinery purchased from indigenously developed suppliers and vendors but also for plant and equipment fabricated by pre-qualified contractors at various sites.
Specifically, the core competencies of this project engineering group can be summarised as follows :
- Study, design and supervise for manufacture of all the equipment for environment protection in accordance with the strictest emission standards
- Design and supervise for manufacture of equipment for hydro-separation of battery components.
- Design and supervise for manufacture of smelting and refining equipment like rotary furnaces upto 5 m3 capacity , rotary kilns upto 5t/hr capacity, and kettles in wide range from 25t to 100t capacity with components like stirrers, skimmers, pumping devices, automatic temperature control and hooding system for process fumes
- Design and supervise for manufacture of metal casting machines from 5t/hr to 60 t/hr with manual and automatic system for stacking, weighing etc
- Design and supervise for manufacture of slag handling equipment
- Design and supervise for manufacture of equipment for aluminium recycling like stationery and tilting furnaces, ingot casting machines, billet casting machines and hot and cold rolling machines
- Design of plc based control mechanism & equipment
- Supervision for erection, commissioning and start up of recycling plant and equipment for lead, aluminium, tin etc
- Comparative studies for different types of fuels for smelting, melting, refining etc., de-bottlenecking of plant and equipment, optimisation of process parameters for maximising efficiency of existing plant and machinery
The turnkey solutions consultancy services will cover but not limited to the following:
- Providing all technical documents for equipment, material with part lists, weights, material specifications, sourcing details for the project.
- Evaluation of technical offers for equipment, material during procurement.
- Inspection of equipment/ material during manufacture and before
- Dispatch, assuring quality and performance including witnessing of acceptance tests and review of test certificates.
- Supervision of erection & commissioning at site including providing pre- commissioning and commissioning procedure and sequence, establishing production and quality control procedures.
- Training of operating staff during installation, start up and commissioning.
- Ensure completeness of equipment/installation, raw material specifications in order to assure targeted production levels and performance levels.
The turnkey solution services will be for all the equipment, material and required for the lead recycling project as follows:
- Battery breaking & separation unit (bbsu) system complete with electricals and automation
- Effluent treatment system for acidic effluent and waste water.
- Tilting rotary furnaces system (trf) including complete automation with plc controlled and scada system
- Rotary kiln system including complete automation with plc controlled and scada system
- Ladle pre- heating station with electrical control cabinet
- Kettles including electrical control system and piping.
- Ingot casting machines with accessories
- Apcm/gas scrubbing system for rotary kiln & bbsu
- Apcm system for rotary furnaces
- Apcm for slag storage room
- Apcm system for kettles (combustion and hygiene)
- Material handling equipment
- Electrical, automation equipment
- Auxiliary and support equipment including pumps, agitators
- Ducting, piping, support platforms, structures
- Oxy flame combustion system, o2 storage system,
- Installation & commissioning equipment